We are looking for a Planning Manager to join our centralised planning team, working across all three agencies, with access and influence across a huge client base.
Reporting to the Planning Director, you will play an important role within SMG, developing campaign responses across all three of our agencies. You will be responsible for developing market-leading campaigns for our clients, creating ideas that will win with shoppers and developing strategies that will deliver results. .
Key responsibilities include:
1. Idea generation, number crunching & strategy development:
Running internal workshops with colleagues to develop insight-led, idea-driven marketing campaigns for our clients.
Working alongside colleagues in creative to build engaging ideas that will resonate with shoppers and with the client teams to ensure we’re meeting the needs of the brief.
2. Media planning: As well as full marketing response development, you will also be responsible for building detailed media plans for our clients.
Determining the optimum use for their media budgets
Allocating funding across retailers
Devising a cohesive strategy identifying and finding the right media mix.
Leveraging performance data from our in-house software to inform your plans.
3. Building the client response: Working with others internally to craft a compelling story to our clients, clearly demonstrating our approach and rationale, supported by research and data.
4. Development of tools and materials: Creating and deploying tools needed for the organisation to run effectively, to minimise duplication and ensure consistency of output.
5. Consultancy projects: Playing a key role in providing consultancy to our clients across a diverse range of subject matters - this could be anything from how to set up a shopper marketing team, to how to build a tool that determines the quality of impressions delivered by a campaign.
6. Building cross-team collaboration: Working closely with your colleagues in the planning, creative & insight departments, you'll also build relationships with your counterparts in the client team. You will contribute to upskilling and fuelling the teams with relevant insight, training and external influences to continually improve our work.
7. Contribution to organisational projects: Whether it’s leading our training and development efforts or managing our PR and marketing agenda, our expectation is that you’ll get stuck in and help us to build an outstanding business.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate clear marketing knowledge and expertise - from work in an agency-side planning or strategy role, or from the client-side. Previous experience in media planning or planning shopper campaigns could be an advantage, but is not essential, alongside being able to demonstrate:
A proven track record in creating marketing plans for brands that have delivered results
A balance of creativity (coming up with exciting ideas at pace) and commerciality
An ability to analyse data to glean relevant insights
Flawless attitude in all environments, with a strong will to succeed
Experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver best in class client service (even internally), at all times
An ability to work at pace, across multiple projects and subject areas
By joining SMG, you’ll have excellent development opportunities and will be supported and coached as your career develops with us. Other benefits include:
Competitive salary package
25 days’ annual leave
Company pension scheme
Season ticket and deposit loans
Hybrid working policy
Cycle to work scheme
All topped off various lifestyle perks
Not to forget our 3pm Beer O’Clock and 4pm finishes on Fridays!
Interested? Apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch, if you match our role requirements!