A lot of agencies say it, but we believe it:
our people are our biggest asset.
At SMG, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and be involved in something truly transformational. You'll have the chance to make a real difference and meet some brilliant people along the way. Everyone across SMG lives and breathes our values each and every day. We're hungry, honest, foolish and always fun!
Life at SMG
We work hard and we play hard. Our company events are the stuff of legend and whether it is a pub quiz, a book club, giving back to our charity partner The Trussell Trust or putting on a lavish black tie dinner, we always have something going on here at SMG.
Agencies are made up of a wealth of different teams. From planners to developers, our business is much more than just account managers.
Graduates & Interns
We are a career accelerator.
We might not have a formal graduate scheme, but we offer a range of opportunities that will help you grow within your career from day one.
By joining us you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by taking on meaningful responsibility and the chance to work on market-changing projects.
All underpinned by extensive training and development support along the way.
We value talent over experience.
Everyone truly has the opportunity to make their mark.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions
What's the dress code?
We embrace a relaxed and casual approach on a day to day at SMG, whilst also dressing according to what’s going on in our day! When you come in to meet with us, we'd love for you to wear something you feel comfortable in.
What training is available for my development?
As part of working at SMG you will be entitled to our Uni Fund, which you will have the benefit of using when joining the group, and at the start of each financial year in October. Everyone is awarded 500 credits (equal to the value of £500) to use on an external training course of their choosing.
We also run on-going training sessions across the year in several formats, from our pillar programmes, training bites to lunch & learns. These programmes are all designed to focus on a variety of core areas of learning.
Are there flexible working opportunities?
We have an Agile Working guideline, to make everyone’s life a little easier and to encourage an efficient and effective working day. This includes having the option of where to work in different places from time to time.
What are the working hours?
Our standard working hours are 9.00-5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00-4.00pm on Fridays.
What do I need to prepare for my interview?
We’re keen to meet someone who knows the role well, is confident in what they can bring to the team and someone who understands our culture. A good place to start is our website and social media accounts.
What is the application process?
We are looking for driven and talented people to join our teams, and we aim to make our hiring process simple:
- Submit your CV: Send your CV to our career’s inbox[RA1] , highlighting which role you are applying for.
- Telephone conversation: If selected to advance in the process, you'll speak to someone from our HR team, who will want to find out why you have decided to apply for the role, and understand more about you as a person.
- 1st Interview - You'll meet the hiring manager for your position, who will delve a little deeper about your experience and why you are interested in joining us.
- 2nd Interview - You'll be given a brief to work on prior to the interview, and you will be invited to present your work to a couple of members in the team.
- Meet the team - the final part of the journey, you'll be given the opportunity to meet the people you would be working with over a drink, and ask them any final questions you have about life at SMG.
[RA1]Hyperlink this to the email.
Do you have a graduate programme?
We don't have a specific programme in place; however our associate level roles are aimed at ambitious and hungry graduates looking to get into the world of shopper media. We also have our Uni Hub and internal training programme to help accelerate you in your career.